So the toddler had a spend the night party with her grandparents on Sunday night. I did manage to get some household chores done, but nothing really to brag about. I ended up working on another Valentine’s Day fabric scrap wreath. Here it is:
Pretty cute, huh? I am hoping that you can tell it is an “X” and a “O”. I am all about making different shapes of wreaths lately. It did take me a little bit to get the “X” right. First, I tried to use a wire hanger. That did not work at all. I cut up a couple of plastic hangers thinking that they would be thicker and easier to tell it was an “X”. I ended up with a blister from cutting the plastic with my dinky little wire cutters. So then I got on Pinterest to find an idea.
I came across someone using pipe insulation. Genius! It just so happened that we had to replace our hot water tank before Christmas, and there was some pipe insulation hanging out in the garage. Sometimes being a border line hoarder comes in handy. So I took the insulation and cut it in half. Then, I cut that piece in half to form the “X”.
I used a 10 inch wreath form for the “O”. Then, I got to work cutting and tying. This was a perfect project for all of the fabric leftover from my Christmas projects.
Now getting the “X” to stay together was a bit tricky. I will do anything to not have to use my glue gun. I despise that thing. I always burn myself, and make a huge mess. The last time I used it I managed to hot glue the gun’s cord to a paper plate. Hot mess! So I ended up safety pinning the two pieces of the “X” together. Then, I basically forced it into the right position on a Command Hook. I am sure that there is an easier way to hang the “X”, but as Tim Gunn would say,” Make it Work!”
If you are in the mood for a little musical interlude, here is the song “X’s and O’s”.