So I have a confession to make: my cooking skills have really been sucking it up lately. The other night I burned the Sloppy Joes. I thought I had turned the burner down to low, but that wasn’t the case. On Monday, I attempted to make a new crock pot recipe. After following all of the directions, my meal turned into a gluey starchy mess. So down the disposal dinner went. Thank heavens for pizza delivery.
My sweet Hattie has been sick this week. She has an awful cold, double ear infection and has been running a high fever. I feel so bad for her. This is the first time that she has been this sick. I feel so helpless. So last night I wasn’t quite in the mood to make dinner, but we have already had pizza this week. I decided to make something that I have made a thousand times, and I have
never yet to screw up.
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 onion, sliced
3 large baking potatoes, peeled and sliced
20-25 baby carrots
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 ranch dressing packet
fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Tear off a decent size piece of foil for each packet. Spray each piece with butter spray.
3. Mix together ground turkey, ranch packet, garlic powder, ground pepper and sea salt.
4. Form into patties and place into the middle of the foil sheet.
5. Put all of the veggies in a bowl and add olive oil, rosemary, garlic salt and pepper. Toss and coat the veggies.
6. Divide the veggies among your packets. Bring up all sides of the aluminum foil and fold into a closed pack.
7. Place the packets on a cooking sheet, and put in the oven.
8. Cook for 30-45 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through and the veggies are soft.
9. Remove from oven, let cool, carefully open packets and dump out on a plate.
You could use really any kind of meat, veggies and spices. I have made this with chicken and with fish. It is so easy, a meal all in one and the clean up is next to nothing. It is almost as easy as ordering pizza. Well, almost.
This recipe is linked at